Were you ripped off by street vendors in Vietnam ? If yes, I am sure you felt so bad. This happens not only to foreigners but also to Vietnamese like me. I can tell you some of my bad experience. One time, I went to the Old Quarter to meet some of my Indian clients. We went out to Hang Dao street, the lady in the group asked me the name of some fruits that vendors mix and sell on the street. I guessed she wanted to try, so I asked the vendor for the price of Dracontomelon, she said 25,000 VND/ 100 gram. I said: Give me 200 gram. Quickly, she gave me a bag includes Dracontomelon and Mango and said it is 100,000 VND. I told her, I dont need to buy that much but she started to shout 100,000 VND. I didn't want to argue with her, so I paid and leave. Remind myself that I will never buy such things again the Old Quarter. Other times, when I go there, foreigners keep feeling curious about the mix fruits but I told them my experience, so I am not going to buy again. Another time, I...
I'm Thu from Vietnam. I love travelling and love to learn about different culture. I would like to make international friends. On my blog, I will share with you all what I know about Vietnam, I hope you enjoy it and you would share your opinion too.
Comments
Post a Comment